Technology Relocations & Specialty Tech Services
Transporting the contents of an office is just one part of the moving process; relocating technology properly is an essential step to avoiding unnecessary downtime. The Advance Group’s highly qualified engineers specialize in moving and setting up commercial IT equipment to ensure your business runs smoothly throughout the relocation process.
Standard Office Technology Relocations
Alleviate staff from the time-consuming and cumbersome task of disconnecting computers, servers and networking equipment.
The Advance Group’s standard office technology relocation includes:
- Pre-Relocation Audits and Planning (up to 500 staff members in one weekend)
- Disconnect, Transport and Reconnect all user technology equipment from old to new location
- Installation of monitor arms on new furniture as needed
- Patching of network cables and connectivity testing
- Post-Relocation Walkthrough
Trading Floor Technology Relocations
The Advance Group understands the important role technology plays on a trading as any service interruption could cost the company millions and greatly impact the market.
In addition to our Standard Office Technology Relocation, Trading Floor Technology Relocations offers:
- Multiple monitor disconnect and reconnects, ensuring the correct order of screens
- Disconnect and reconnect of Turret Systems
Datacenter Relocations and Decommissioning
Datacenters relocations and decommissioning requires extensive planning and collaboration with our client’s technology team.
We specialize in offering:
- Datacenter selection strategy and process planning
- Document the existing equipment and coordinate the appropriate shutdown and turn-up schedules
- Shut-down and disconnect of all technology assets at the existing datacenter
- Transportation of all technology assets in climate-controlled, air ride trucks
- Reconnect power on of all technology assets at the new datacenter
- Ensure all services are functional.*
- Decommissioning of any unnecessary technology equipment through our E-Waste offering
* Our team can provide additional support for your staff to troubleshoot non-functional technology, such as services not starting and issues with connectivity.
Recovery Site Relocations and Decommissioning
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans are not only practical to have but more often than not a necessity by regulation. The Advance Group combines our Standard Office Technology Relocation services with our Datacenter Relocations and Decommissioning services to provide Disaster Recovery site relocations.
Low Voltage Cabling Design and Implementation
The Advance Group has the expertise and experience to design and implement a low voltage wiring solutions to achieve your technology objectives. All of the low voltage services include the certification and documentation of all wires.
Dedicated Technology Project Managers will work with your architects, engineers, and general contractors to design a structured wiring plan that incorporate everything from identifying cable run locations, to raceway access, to pathway.
- Cable type includes Cat3, Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6e, Coaxial, Video, Speaker, and Fiber installations
- Point of Entry and Demarcation Point extensions
- Cabling for computers, phones, security systems, access controls, wireless access points, cameras, intercoms, and audio-video.
E-Waste Asset Recovery, Recycling, and Certified Data Destruction
Secure, Responsible Electronics & Data Disposal
At the end of a relocation, you want the peace of mind of knowing that your decommissioned IT assets and other electronic waste have been disposed of in a secure, environmentally responsible manner. Our primary concern is protecting your data that resides on end-of-life equipment. The Advance Group offers a secure and environmentally responsible electronics recycling service and certified data destruction.
- Inventory equipment and determine the appropriate level of Certified Destruction required.
- Pre-pickup inventory of all assets and transport all assets to our Certified Destruction facilities.
- Provide certification on destruction, or provide payment for any equipment that qualifies for our buy-back program.
Design & Implementation Services
In addition to relocations, The Advance Group provides the following services to prepare a new office space:
Design, Implementation, and Ongoing Maintenance of:
- Security Access Control Systems
- Audio Video and Automation
- Telecom and Carrier Services
- Copier and Print Management
- Networking, Wireless, and Perimeter Security